Saturday, 9 May 2015

Time to Say Goodbye

To 11M,

On my first day of Year 7, I wandered into my new form room with my uniform looking perfect, specs on my face and only my fringe daring to stray from my pulled-back ponytail. I, and the rest of my new form, were assigned to our seats and we did various ice-breaking games to get to know each other a bit. I was nervous - I reckon we all were to be honest - but I was feeling pretty hopeful for my future at secondary school.


The years that came would be full of highs, lows, and the best friends I've ever known. In primary school, they tell you how much harder the work is going to be, how you'll have to learn your way around a huge building, learn your teacher's names, do all your homework the night you get it. They prepare you for so much, but they don't prepare you for the people you are going to meet.


My form was full of wonderful people. Some people I'm sad that I didn't get to know better, some people I'm thrilled to say will be my best friends forever (yes, twin, that was aimed at you). But with all of them, I've been on such a great journey and I've had such a great time. All of you, thank you for being there for the good times and the bad times, and for all the times in between. I've had such a laugh and I love you all a lot.


I will always be sure to remember the difference between a pie and a tartlet, that an eight-inch wound is surprisingly deep and that using shoes to prop open windows in French youth hostels does not end well. Goodbye 7M-11M form, and good luck to all of us in our exams and futures!

Hannah U
xxx

Twitter | Bloglovin' | Pinterest | Tumblr | Etsy | Polyvore |

2 comments: