Saturday, 3 January 2015

'Love... is the Last Winter Bird'

When I was listening to the Passenger song 'Coins in a Fountain' (listen here), the line 'Love is the last winter bird' stood out to me. Immediately, I got the idea in my head for a piece that I just had to do!

I sketched out my idea of an elegant bird with outstretched wings, using a picture online for guidance. Next, I filled everything in using blue, green and purple watercolours for a soft colour that easily blended together. After this dried in, I filled in the heart (that was to represent the 'love' bit) in red watercolour. Finally, I outlined the lines in black fineliner to make everything stand out. The writing is the line from the song.

Here is the result:

Leave me a comment telling me what you think!

Twitter | Bloglovin' | Pinterest | Tumblr |

No comments:

Post a Comment