I always like to try a few new ideas for Halloween decorations, and this is one that I've been having a go at recently!
-Halloween-y (?) Fabrics
-Needle and Thread
1) Fold the A4 paper in half and measure 15cm from the top two corners to the centre fold. Make up the cobweb effect by having a 1cm wide line up the middle of the triangle and two 1cm wide lines as each side. Draw in the curves that make up the web and cut out the pattern.
2) Pin the pattern to the first piece of fabric and cut it out. Remove the pins, and you've got your first flag!
3) Continue cutting out the flags until you have the number you want. As some of the prints on my fabric were a bit big and would have possibly been spoiled by the cobweb effect, I left them as plain triangles. Lay out your flags in the order you want them. This will help you to see how your bunting will look.
4) Overlap two of the flags in the top corners and sew a few stitches to keep them together. Continue along the bunting in this way.
5) Make a loop at either end of the bunting to hang it up. I did this by wrapping the thread around my finger instead of pulling it all the way through the fabric.
And that's it!
If you decide to give this a go, let me know!
Thoughts? Questions? Leave me a comment!